#Funkwhale 0.19 will be out soon. The first release candidate was published 15 minutes ago, and we expect a final release around March 16, which should leave enough time to:
- Translators, to work on new translations
- Instance owners, to deploy the release candidate, report regressions and bugs
- Contributors, to fix potential issues
Check out https://governance.funkwhale.audio/d/NyI4G1UK/release-incoming-for-funkwhale-0-19 to learn what's included in this big release, and how to try it!
Thank you for your help, let's catch the bugs!
It's hard to summarize everything, but among other things, this release includes:
- Ability to suggest/review modifications on artist, albums and tracks pages
- Admin UI to browse, search, review and delete artists, albums, tracks, libraries and uploads
- A new "filter" feature to completely hide some artists in the UI, queue and radios
- Support for OAuth2 authorization workflow
- Dynamic page title to reflect the currently playing track
- Improved error handling and display during import
- Support for embedding a complete artist discography
- Support for S3-compatible external storages
- A dedicated "albums" tab to browse… albums
- Prefetching of next track in queue, to reduce the time spent waiting for buffering
And dozens of of bugfixes and enhancements (the full changelog can be found here: https://dev.funkwhale.audio/funkwhale/funkwhale/tags/0.19.0-rc1)
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!