I'm going to highlight some of the changes in the release in a thread.
First of all, #Funkwhale Naomi includes three new exciting features:
- Storing displaying licensing information about uploaded tracks
- Embedding tracks and albums on third party websites via an iframe (and oembed)
- Transcoding of audio files to support a wider range of browsers and clients
- Instance-level controls to understand and change the way your instance federates with other instances and accounts
Apart from those visible features, there are countless enhancements and fixes that will improve user experience:
- Audio progress bar gives more feedback about what's going on (loading, playing, etc.)
- Support for multi-disc albums
- Huge performance improvements on the front-end (loading time, data usage, reactivity, etc.)
- Lots of accessibility improvements (especially for the player)
- Better results returned when searching
If you like what you see, want to support our work and can spare a buck or two, remember we have a donation page at https://opencollective.com/funkwhale!
@funkwhale thank you for your work, especially the inclusion of the licencing information!
@luka thanks ❤ it's still pretty new, but that was an important step for the project!
mastodon.eliotberriot.com is one server in the network