#Funkwhale 0.18 “Naomi” is out!
And it's huge (check out the changelog if you don't trust me ;)
This release is dedicated to Naomi, an early contributor and beta tester of Funkwhale. Her positivity, love and support have been incredibly helpful and helped shape the project as you can enjoy it today. Thank you so much Naomi <3
I'm going to highlight some of the changes in the release in a thread.
First of all, #Funkwhale Naomi includes three new exciting features:
- Storing displaying licensing information about uploaded tracks
- Embedding tracks and albums on third party websites via an iframe (and oembed)
- Transcoding of audio files to support a wider range of browsers and clients
- Instance-level controls to understand and change the way your instance federates with other instances and accounts
Apart from those visible features, there are countless enhancements and fixes that will improve user experience:
- Audio progress bar gives more feedback about what's going on (loading, playing, etc.)
- Support for multi-disc albums
- Huge performance improvements on the front-end (loading time, data usage, reactivity, etc.)
- Lots of accessibility improvements (especially for the player)
- Better results returned when searching
If you like what you see, want to support our work and can spare a buck or two, remember we have a donation page at https://opencollective.com/funkwhale!
@funkwhale Damn! I've been looking for a software like this!
I'll give it a look!
@freyja_wildes sure, don't hesitate to ask any question you may have 😃
#LB OK JE FONDS
@Nausicaa merci d'avoir été là dès le début :)
C'est toi ? 🤩
T'es un fond de riz.
@Nausicaa couvre-toi bien si tu es dehors hein
@funkwhale thank you for your work, especially the inclusion of the licencing information!
@luka thanks ❤ it's still pretty new, but that was an important step for the project!
@funkwhale Like always there is a non-docker documentation. Another proof that this project stands out from the crowd.
Thank You <3
mastodon.eliotberriot.com is one server in the network