So, in case people are wondering if #Funkwhale can actually federate with other fedi software such as Mastodon, the answer is yes.
I've included a demo video below. Let me give you some context:
- I'm using an account on mastodon.social (to show you that it works with a current release of Mastodon)
- I'm using development version of Funkwhale runing on my local computer, hence the ngrok.io URL.
This is basic, but it's to show you we're no t lying when we're talking about federation with other fedi software.
Follows will work as well, I'll share a video as soon as it's ready.
@felix yes, please keep in mind it's still a poc, done on a development version, to showcase a very specific use case.
In the final release, we're aiming for:
- Subscribing to Funkwhale channels from other fedi software
- Push new tracks/uploads to followers on fedi (and not only Funkwhale)
- Have Mastodon (and other compatible fedi software) display a proper player under the track
So obviously, there's still a lot of work to do ;)
@eliotberriot Ah i should have realised that its not final yet. Very cool!
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!